“The most important period of life is not the age of university studies, but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six”
– Maria Montessori
Age group : 2 yrs – 6 yrs
Importance of early childhood development
The first foundation stone of a child’s future is laid at the doorstep of our kindergarten classrooms.The emotional, social and physical development of young children has a direct effect on their overall development and on the adult they will become. That is why understanding the need to invest in very young children is so important, so as to maximize their future well-being. We focus our efforts and endeavour to build that foundation strong which will lead to each child’s holistic development.
Our Early Childhood Program
Our early childhood program is designed to address the following 4 age groups individually.
- 2 years- 2.5 years: Playgroup
- 2.6 years- 3.5 years: Pre-KG
- 3.6 years – 4.5 years: Junior KG
- 4.6 years – 5.5 years: Senior KG
Our KINDERGARTEN program is INQUIRY BASED which kindles the curiosity of the child and stimulates him to experiment and learn which will lead to LIFE-LONG LEARNING. Our Young children learn through active exploration of their environments, through child-initiated and teacher-selected activities.
Our Inquiry based kindergarten program is organized within four domains:
- Personal and social development;
- Physical development;
- Cognitive development;
- Creative expression and aesthetic development.
What makes our KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM unique?
- Stress-free learning – the teaching-learning process takes place at the child’s own pace; at the same time the learning objectives designed for the particular age group is achieved and evaluated.
- No books – children are encouraged to inquire and explore the world which is child-led solely based on the special curriculum designed in-house by our R& D team
- Assessments – each child is assessed individually and their progress evaluated; appropriate methods to overcome any learning difficulties is addressed immediately through various customised measures
Play-group and Pre-KG
- Provide a safe, engaging and nurturing environment for the child
- Promote trust in themselves and their world
- Develop confidence in their emerging abilities
- Develop gross motor coordination, fine motor skills, and language skills
- Offer opportunities to gain independence in daily tasks
Junior KG and Senior KG
- Foster the growth of functional independence, task persistence and self-regulation
- Promote social development through respectful, clear communication and safe, natural consequences
- Contain a large variety of materials for the refinement of sensory perception and the development of literacy and mathematical understanding
- Develop gross motor coordination, fine motor skills, and language skills offer opportunities to gain independence in daily tasks
Kids Play Park
– extending the learning to playground
The link between physical activity and learning is strong. Children learn by doing and being actively engaged. Not only does physical activity promote physical development, it also supports cognitive, social and emotional development. Our Kindergarten program integrates physical education in the regular curriculum which is required for the development of locomotor skills of young children. Activities are planned that require the child to:
- Follow directions in sequence.
- Regulate their behavior and control impulses.
- Make decisions and adapt to change.
- Work cooperatively with others and negotiate.
- Take on a supportive role as well as a leadership role.
- Take turns and share. Example: Hide and Seek.
- Develop spatial awareness and consider distances (math).
Experience success (any goal they set for themselves) based on their own abilities and knowledge without adult intervention.